As you plan for elective care or the management of a chronic condition, knowing what costs to expect is an important part of being prepared.
Now you can receive patient cost estimates on an individualized basis through the My IU Health Patient Portal. Simply select the Patient Cost Estimate icon after you log into the Patient Portal.
You can learn more about potential billed charges and your expected out of pocket costs for most IU Health services and doctors’ professional services.
Here’s how the patient cost estimates program works:
- For insured patients. Your real-time insurance benefits are applied to expected costs to determine the amount you are responsible for paying after insurance.
- For uninsured patients. Your out of pocket costs are based on a discount for the amount generally billed for hospital services. Discounts are also given for IU Health employed physicians’ professional services.
Access this convenient service today. To obtain a patient cost estimate you can:
- Call 317.963.2541 or Toll Free 833.722.6050
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Visit the My IU Health Patient Portal and click on the Patient Cost Estimate icon